Welcome back – we’re happy to help you!
Here’s what you can do:
Return Items: Please return items to book drops or designated areas only. All items will be quarantined for 3 days and will not be checked in until after the quarantine period. No fines will accrue.
- Book drops on the porch and near Byrne Dairy will be open. Delicate or large items can be returned in the plastic bin on the porch.
Holds Pickup: Place items on hold and pick them up when they’re ready.
Mobile Printing: PrinterOn – our regular mobile printing service – is available. Start here or use the app on your phone. During curbside pickup, the first ten pages will be free.
How to pick up your holds:
- Place your hold(s) in the online catalog or by calling the library.
- You’ll receive an email, text or automated phone call when your items are ready.
- You can pick up items any time during our open hours.
- Call us when you arrive at the library:
- Have your library card number ready when you call.
- Please wait in your vehicle while we check out your items. Staff will place your items on the table on the library’s front porch.
- To respect social distancing and zero contact pickup, please wait until the porch is empty to retrieve your items.
Things to keep in mind:
- The library building is closed to the public; restrooms, computers and other interior spaces are not accessible.
- Staff can not provide in-person assistance; just call or email instead!
- Please do not use the pickup table to return items; for the safety of staff and patrons, items must be returned in the book drops and designated areas only.
- We can not take donations until further notice.
- PLEASE PROTECT YOUR NEIGHBORS: WEAR A MASK and PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING
ONLY 1 PERSON
ON THE PORCH AT A TIME
I received a notice that my items are ready for curbside pickup. How does it work?
It’s easy! Just come to the library any time during our open hours. Stay in your vehicle and call us at 315-685-5135. A staff person will help you over the phone. Your items will be checked out and placed on the table on the front porch. Please protect your neighbors by wearing a mask and practicing social distancing. It’s best if only one person uses the porch at a time.
Can you bring items to my car?
Our zero contact system has been designed to follow social distancing guidelines and to minimize risk to library staff. Staff will, when necessary, deliver items to patrons who require special accommodations. If you’re unable to leave your vehicle, let us know when you call.
Please be ready to let us know where you’re parked and what kind of car you’re driving. We’ll ask that you open your trunk and remain in your car. Staff will place items in your trunk. If you need to leave your car to close the trunk, please wait until the staff member has walked away.
What if I walk to the library? Can I still pick up my items?
Of course! Please just stand away from others while you call. There’s plenty of space on the grass to wait for us to check out your items and put them on the porch before you come up to grab them.
Can I return my books?
Yes! Beginning Monday, June 8 you may return items to the book drops on the library’s porch and in the Byrne Dairy parking lot. If you have something too large or too delicate to put in the book drops (Chromebooks, hotspots, kits or backpacks, etc.), please leave them in the plastic bin next to the book drop on the porch.
Returned items will be quarantined for a minimum of 3 days prior to being checked in and made available to others. If you or a member of your household is ill, please do not return items at this time.
The library will not charge any overdue fines for the rest of 2020, so don’t worry about the delayed check in.
Can I bring book donations?
We can not accept book donations until further notice. Please do not leave them outside the library or in any of our book drops.
How do I place a hold online?
Visit our online catalog to search for books, audiobooks, movies, magazines and more! To place a hold, you’ll need your library barcode and 4-digit PIN. You can look for items countywide or just limit your search to Skaneateles Library.
If you run into trouble, call us at 315-685-5135. We’d be happy to find items for you!
Can you look for specific items or give me reading suggestions?
What if I no longer need the items that are being held for me?
No problem! Just call or email and let us know. We’ll send them on to the next person.
I returned my items, but they’re still listed on my account.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and patrons, we’re placing all returned items into quarantine for 3 days before checking those items in. You can still return items when they’re due, but don’t worry about the delay. No overdue fines will be charged for the remainder of 2020.
This protocol is being followed at all libraries in Onondaga County. As more is learned about the virus, this time period may change.
Are library materials safe to use?
We are strictly following CDC recommendations and taking precautions to prevent cross-contamination. All library materials returned at libraries in Onondaga County are being quarantined for 7 days before being checked in. This timeline may change as more is learned about the virus.